The Certification process helps ensure that our supervisory responsibilities with regards to the dispute resolution process that Broker-status facilitates will remain fair and equitable.
Some items in the following questionnaire below may not apply to you. For example, if the system is hosted on your licensee’s data servers, which you have no control of. Nonetheless, applicants must let us know of such arrangements and provide Broker-status with minimum technical requirements to licensee’s infrastructure, as explained in the guidelines below.
In addition to questions, Broker-status must review technology providers written procedures to address the security, capacity and integrity of trading, and confirm such procedures are being followed.
Certification Guidelines Questionnaire (To be completed by all applicants):
1. SYSTEM SECURITY
- Authentication process
- Firewalls, Data encryption algorithm and suspicious activity monitoring
- Authorization process
- Periodic Testing
- System Administration procedures
2. SYSTEM CAPACITY
- Server infrastructure and system backup procedures
- Capacity monitoring procedures
- Stress-test procedure
- Software update procedure
3. INSTRUMENTS AND ORDER TYPES
- All instruments available within platform
- List all types of orders that are available in the platform.
4. PRICING AND EXECUTION POLICY
- List of quote-feed providers
- Can broker set restrictions on trades? If yes, please describe.
- Does system maintain applied restrictions logs?
- Can broker adjust the price feed? If yes, please describe who can do so and under which circumstances?
- Does system has a manual price change/input logs?
- Does system has “bad print” or “price spike” protection?
- Can broker set or execute orders on behalf of clients?
- Does system maintain manual execution logs?
For Binary Options
- Please provide the options pricing and payout calculation methodology.
- Do you change the payouts during the option term?
- Do you change payout terms based on market volatility?
- Do you provide incentives to trade in a certain direction due to uneven spread of risk at the option expiry date?
- Does system maintain the logs of payouts change?
5. REPORTING AND RECORD KEEPING
- System must store tick data for at least 45 days.
- System must have detailed report on all trades and orders places by the client or by the company on behalf of the client
- Breakdown procedures that contain responsible employees for major blocks of the system and their main duties.
6. BUSINESS CONTINUITY/ DISASTER RECOVERY PLAN
Broker-status believes that disaster recovery and business continuity issues are of utmost importance and trading technology providers must take a proactive approach to ensure that they have an adequate disaster recovery plan in place.
Disaster Recovery plan must contain the following information:
- Backup Facilities
- Implementation of Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity Plan
- Disruptions of Third-Parties
- Annual Testing
- Communication with Broker-status
- Employee and Emergency Contact Information
Completed answers and requested information to the questions above should be submitted to the certification board of Broker-status, either in Microsoft Word Format, or PDF format.
Broker-status is pleased to announce the formation of the ICO Certification Committee (ICC), which consist of a panel Fintech experts from foreign exchange and crypto currency markets, who will help drive the certification standards and protocols.
The certification is limited to the assessment by ICC of the cryptocurrency platform of the issuer being in line with the minimum set of criteria determined by the ICC, some of which may be mandatory for certification approval”. Broker-status will issue certification only when all outstanding requirements have been met by companies that apply for ICO certification, and the standards for ICO certification will continually evolve based on the stewardship from Broker-status’s ICO Certification Committee.
Currently, ICO Certification process examines hundreds of important points across key categories including the following:
- Legal and Domicile:
- Potential Regulatory Compliance:
- Industry and Product:
- Reason for Crypto financing vs traditional funding
- Company Capitalization:
- Project Funding and Security:
- Smart Contract Design and Blockchain Network Used:
- Token Specification:
- ICO Details:
- Third-party Products/Solutions used to support offering:
- ICO Communications:
- Company Website/ ICO Website
- Funding Security
Broker-status does not endorse or condone any ICOs as part of our ICO certification process. The certification process only establishes a minimum baseline of criteria that we determine firm’s must meet to obtain certification and must not be construed as an indication of suitability or recommendation. Please read our ICO Certification Disclaimer to learn more.
Education providers will be required to provide answers to specific questions designated by the Commission’s Certification Board, including, but not limited to the following:
- Material’s author(s)
- Author(s) credentials
- Materials last updated date
- Display of risk loss disclaimers
- Number of hypothetical trade examples (total)
- Number of hypothetical trade examples resulting in a loss
- Number of hypothetical trade examples resulting in a profit
- Source of price charts in educational materials
- Source of pricing in price charts in educational materials
- Price of educational offering (if sold to users)
- Whom is the educational offering provided to?
The full list of items will be provided to eligible applicants who submit a formal request to Broker-status.
In order to initiate the Educational offering certification process, a firm can submit an email request to Broker-status where it will be furnished with a certification agreement and list of documents and materials required by Broker-status to evaluate the applicant for Educational certification.
Contact us today to certify your educational offering with a respected and independent self-regulatory organization